Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Releases for 5/19/09

"You've been with me through it all, so I won't let fear make me crawl.
You give this heartbeat the strength to stay alive and sing for Your name.
Here I am.
If I'm broken or my body is whole, these hands are Yours, these feet are Yours.
If I'm broken or my body is whole, these tears are Yours, these scars are Yours.
Until You carry my broken body home." -Lanae Hale, "If I'm Broken"

"Back & Forth", the debut release from Centricity songstress Lanae Hale released on Tuesday, May 19th to much critical fanfare. The 25-year-old Floridian now resides in Nashville with her husband, and her artistry is honest and saturated with grace. ChristianityToday.com has an insightful interview with Hale, glimpsing into the issues of her younger years that warped her views of God and self, and demonstrating how her own spiritual Cinderella story can inspire us all and remind us of God's redemptive pursuit of each of us. Her music defies ready categorization, with vocals that are sometimes soaring, sometimes growly, sometimes airy but always deeply resonating. Some have labelled it as "deep pop", having the life and energy of popular Top 40 fare, but more vulnerable substantive lyrics. I don't much care what they call it; I call it good music! The 13-song project has an appealing intro price of $9.97, but for a limited time, Arrowhead has FREE copies of Lanae's project to give away with any CD purchased off our shelves.
This week also brought a sweet 14-track remix project from the Family Force 5 boys and a much-anticipated return engagement by the incomparable Mat Kearney, both priced at $9.99. We also have $5 deals running on BlueTree, Downhere and Tenth Avenue North, and tons of other A-List artists at under $10. Peace! -Mike @ Arrowhead Parable Music

No comments:

Post a Comment